Monday, January 19, 2009

Walkin' On Sunshine

Nothing like a perfectly cool, bright, sunny morning and a scheduled appearance on live television to shock me out of my doldrums.

Last week Maile invited me to join her on the San Antonio Living Show to promote her upcoming Hot Mama Photo Shoot. Having done a Hot Mama Shoot exactly one year ago, I was excited to be a model (using that term loosely) and to share with future clients just how much my own photo shoot meant to me...even in the depths of my pure and utter exhaustion the last week.

This morning I left the house relaxed and calm. Animesh dropped off children where they needed to be, so I was cool, calm, and collected. Soothing jazz music seemed appropriate. At the time....



After a stop here for some oatmeal and a grande Cinnamon Dolce Latte (non-fat, no whip, please), I decided that I needed some more serious tunes pumping through my veins to get me through this morning without an anxiety attack. LIVE! TELEVISION! EEK!



The 80s station...and Katrina and the Waves...did not let me down.



First stop? My trusty friend and hair stylist...Tonie. Tonie and I met when she did my hair for the Hot Mama Shoot last year...and the rest is history. After hearing about my TV debut, she was sweet enough to offer to do my hair for me before the show. On her day off. With her cutie patootie baby boy in tow. He was so good sitting on my lap....watching the crazy blonde lady take random shots in the mirror with her camera while getting her hair done.



Thanks, Tonie. You rock.



It wasn't until I parked, walked into the station, and picked up a pen to sign in that I got nervous. Like...really SICK nervous. My hand was shaking at the receptionist's desk.



I waited anxiously in a real "Green Room" till the other girls arrived. I wasn't there long, though. I had to empty my bladder in nervous excitement.



The ins and outs of the show were so cool to watch. This was the news room...located adjacent to the Living Show studio. I can't tell you how many times I've watched a newscast on Channel 4...for YEARS it seems. I had to keep blinking and pinching myself. Very cool.



Me, News anchor Leslie Bohl-Jones, Maile, Living Show host Shelly Miles, and make-up artist Robyn Chappell. It was a blast getting to talk with Leslie and Shelly a bit...both of whom are the nicest people ever.

So. In my humble opinion I didn't embarrass myself too badly on live TV.

But, you can be the judge (be patient...I don't come on the segment till later) and give me your honest opinion.

It's okay. I can take it.

Thanks to you, Maile, for transforming me into a "hot" mama last year....and for giving me the chance to re-live that wonderful experience again this morning.

12 comments:

Shalet said...

Um hello! You are one hot mama! I wish I lived in San Antonio -- I'd love to be part of a hot mama shoot. Lord knows I could use the hair and makeup help! I swear - in every photo your hair always looks perfect! How do you do it? Surely you don't have a hairdresser every day!

Me - I'm stuck with ponytails because I don't know what else to do. Ah well. Perhaps in my next life I'll learn how to style hair ...

You did great!!

Anonymous said...

you were a pro! Thank you again for coming, Jen! xoxo

Ashley said...

Oh, my goodness! I didn't realize we had a famous model amongst us!! Way to go! You did awesome and those pics are amazing!!

HiHoOhio said...

May I have your autograph please!

Staci said...

oh how fun!!! im off to watch it right now!!

Yvette said...

Awww! You did great! and beautiful too! thanks for sharing.

sojourner said...

Jen.....come on.....of course you did GREAT! I would like to to a hot mama shoot. Would I qualify even with grown children?

MamaMia said...

No doubt about it, you are one hot mama! Job well done.

What a fun morning!

Moon Mommy said...

How fun, and can I say I LOVE the long hair in your previous hot mama shots. I did a segment on Living back when Up To The Moon was still in business. Fun stuff for sure. Have a great day, you hot mama, you!

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

okay... if that is not the most fun thing! yall were great! and LIVE... good golly! Jenn... you are just so pretty... so naturally wonderful!

dag nabbit... i am saying now... NEXT time i head that way... i am setting up a shoot with Maile!
finding ou "hot mama"...
what a boost... i sure could use a personal beauty boost!

i can remember seeing yall's pics a while back and just loving them!

and Michelle was on there too... SO pretty!

Heather said...

Yep, and we can say we knew you when...

'Cause now you're gonna be all famous in all your Hot-Mama-guitar-playing-celebrity-ness.

And that is a word. At least, it is now.

You looked awesome. Great job.

Laura said...

No doubt about it--you did a great job! You were poised, beautiful, an articulate--I would have been a slobbery jelly of a mess. :)