Thursday, November 27, 2008

So Thankful...

Following Brown Eyed Fox's wonderful lead...our family made our own Grateful Tree a couple of evenings ago. Daddy collected some branches from outside, I stuck them in a vase, and off we went.

The kids really got into it...even asking me to punch out more circles...and then having to write on the backs of the circles to make room for all that they are thankful for.

Yes, Daddy wrote he was thankful for golfing. Yes, I wrote that I was thankful for Peppermint Mocha Creamer. But, most of those wonderful things we are so incredibly grateful for touched me deeply.


Daddy always underlines what he write. ALWAYS!



Deven had to mark his circles with a "D."




Priya's contribution.



Trevor's attempt.



And, I'm most thankful for the above...
for HE has given us all of the
tremendously incredible
blessings we have.


Especially these Three Little Indians---
both figuratively and literally. :-)



13 comments:

Heather said...

Oh, such a great idea! I do something similar each year, and it's a great way to get the kids involved in the meaning of the holiday.

Your babies are looking so big! Bittersweet, huh?

Have a blessed Thanksgiving day.

sojourner said...

may you find many hidden blessings this thanksgiving

Shanan Strange said...

I love, love that idea! I am going to steal it next year, if you don't mind. Hope you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Sorry I've been MIA lately, but things were really busy and blogging had to take a back burner. But, I'm back now and gonna catch up on what you've been up to.

Moon Mommy said...

HAH! I knew you would like the peppermint mocha creamer! Thanks for sharing this idea, and for reminding us that, in good times and not so good times, we all have many things to be thankful for.

Ashley said...

Awww... Happy Thanksgiving! I love the tree!

MamaMia said...

What a wonderful idea...remind me about this next year.

HiHoOhio said...

We should have done that at Heather's! Darn!
Those are the cutest 3 Indians I have seen in a while!
Hugs and missing you!

Anonymous said...

Totally cool!!! I love it....Miss ya bunches. The kiddos are getting too big. How can we stop that?? Hugs!

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

oh i love that... especially those three cute grins!

happiness & hugs to you!

Dancing Queen said...

love the new pic of those precious indians!!

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

hey... your banner is differnt isn't it!
i really like it A L O T!

HiHoOhio said...

new photo, new music, no new post????

Anonymous said...

I just love your blog. Your kids make me smile and your running stories make me want to get off my butt. Thanks for both.