Saturday, November 15, 2008

Catch me if you can...

Finally. Thursday she finally pulled out the tooth that had been hanging by a thread for about a week. After multiple chases around the house with dental floss (while Priya shrieked with delight) she finally twisted it out all by herself. It was some major excitement that day...and the other front tooth is loose now. Maybe Priya will be able to sing this song in a few weeks.

I love the toothless grin.




Race Day. Tomorrow. 7:30am start time. And, after weeks of mild mornings, tomorrow the starting temperature is going to be 34 degrees. Brrrrrrr.

Tonja and I went to the Alamodome yesterday to pick up our race packets. You could palpate the excitement. People of all ages are running or walking the half or full marathon. It is going to be nothing short of amazing.

I've been nursing a sore calf muscle for 5 days. I've been wrapping my leg with an Icy Hot patch, and when I ran out, a friend (who noticed me limping) instinctively knew to drop me off another one and the above card. I'm surrounded by love and kindness.

It feels better and better as time passes, but I'm still very nervous about running 13.1 miles on it. One of my BFF's, Lisa, backed out completely due to a torn groin muscle. Another friend has been nursing a bad cold. If you're the praying kind...would you give a little shout out to God tomorrow morning on behalf of all 30,000 of us? Ya know, just in case God can't hear the crowds and the rock-n-roll bands playing in downtown San Antonio.

8 comments:

Heather said...

Here's a prayer headed your way. For a good race. For no injuries. For a sense of accomplishment and pride in yourself. 'Cause, girl, you rock!

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

that toothless grin is so great! getting those teeth out is such a moment of sheer victory! yeah Priya!

i'm praying for you! rooting for you! gosh darn it... i want yall feeling great... Lord jolt their bodies with your healing hands... let them shine for you! In JESUS name!

yall are gonna be great!
rock it!

Anonymous said...

Funny, "catch me if you can". I thought it was gonna be a post about a racoon!

We'll be cheering you on! You'll feel it.

Dancing Queen said...

thank you for all the love! we just got back from the expo a couple hours ago...came home w/lots of goodies to commemorate this special day!! when i left, i told wes i probably wasn't going to buy anything...hahaha!!!

i'm e-mailing you right now w/numbers...

hope your leg carries you over that finish line...you will be awesome!

MamaMia said...

Yea! It's finally here! I'll be looking for you.

Now that your knees are behaving, you give a good talking to that calf. I'll be praying for all of us!!

Shalet said...

You'll do wonderfully! Run Mama Run!

Funny, my daughter has a loose tooth too. She's been begging me to wiggle it for her. I must admit I have little interest being the one to pry it loose. Good thing I'm not a dentist. ;o)

HiHoOhio said...

So anxious to hear the outcome of the race and so excited for Priya's big HOLE! What a pretty smile she has!!!!!!!!!
Our high today is 38....it was snowing at 7:30 am.....better there than here for that race!

Danyele Easterhaus said...

love those toothless smiles!!!