Sunday, October 5, 2008

Why I Love October

And, no, it's not because of the cool, crisp weather
we're so NOT experiencing here in South Texas.

Some things I love about October are these totally addicting candy corns and pumpkin cremes. Should I admit that these candy jars have already been refilled twice? Nah. No one needs to know that.
And, what about CANDLES that SMELL like candy corn? Which just makes me want to EAT more candy corn when I light it. Such a vicious cycle.


When I can't make my way to a Starbucks for their Pumpkin Spice Latte (iced, of course because it's still 90 degrees during the day), this Pumpkin creamer suits me just fine in my own, home-brewed coffee. Delish.


Can't get enough of my little pumpkins in the pumpkin patch.
Even though I was sweating while taking the picture.



And, one of my favorite things about October? Celebrating the birth of this little Indian...our first-born...precious Priya. And, oh! What a birthday week celebration she's in for!

Why do you like October?

10 comments:

sojourner said...

I like October because it just brings a change and I have a weakness for change.

HiHoOhio said...

I love October too....for all the sweets and smells and coolness and cooking all day and leaves changing and all of it!
I need to go get candy corn!!!!

Dawn said...

i love the pictures of all the regular things that make you happy. it made me smile. i love candy corn too! I'll have to find that candle. miss you.

Dancing Queen said...

ooh...did you see my post about a week and a half ago where i decorated w/candy corn??? the kids and i love 'em too! i love the colors of october...the oranges, yellows, browns! of course, i usually just get to create them or see them in magazines...don't get to actually see them outside my window or anything:)

happy birthday miss priya!! you are gonna LOVE being 7 years old!!

Heather said...

October birthdays rock! (Mine is the 29th.)

I love everything about October. Cooler days, crisp nights, hiking in the woods with the smell of fall all around you, sitting by the fire with the kids roasting marshmallows, decorating for the season, Halloween parties at school, seeing the costumes that my kids pick out, eating pumpkin crisp (you need to make this!) and drinking pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks...

Can't wait to see the details of Priya's birthday week!

Jennifer Price said...

Oh my goodness! I don't even know you (I read your blog occasionally-I'm friends with Suzanne and Monica) and you are a girl after my own heart! Fall is my favorite season! We are from San Antonio but currently living in California. We miss making s'mores by our fire pit in San Antonio, but the air is a little cooler here. Where did you get that candle??? Love it!

HiHoOhio said...

Hey Jen, it is Monday....do share some NOT ME's!!I bought a pumpkin and candy today!!!
Glad we talked

Anonymous said...

Wait! Where did you buy the soy wax candle? Please email me.

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

THAT picture of Priya... my goodness me my... lovely! and WHERE did you get her petticoat skirt... been on the look out.

both my girlies birthdays are in October too! :)

if i had those candy corns in my house... there would be a picture of an EMPTY jar! LOVE THEM! :)

i had that pumpkin spice cream just this morning... it is the little joys like that... gotta love em!

Becky said...

I found this AWSOME


CANDY
CORN
SWEET WATER TAFFY!!!!

I found it on another blog. They sell it at Walmart in the halloween candy isle.

We ate the whole bag in a couple days!