Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday, Monday...


Ahhh. Monday morning. My favorite day of the week. No, I'm not kidding. It really is. The weekends are great, yes, but there's something about starting fresh at the beginning of the school/work week. There's something about routines and schedules and knowing exactly what is coming next and sticking to a time regimen that just makes our family function better.

This morning it is a cool 65 degrees...I shot this photo 10 minutes ago from my back patio. It feels awesome out there...I'm headed back to the patio after I post this...until Trevor wakes up. Priya and Deven have already left for school with Daddy. It was a later night than expected, but it was wonderful. We had Animesh's TWO NEW PARTNERS over for dinner (yes, after 10 years he finally has some help), and they are terrific. One of his partners has 3 children the exact same ages as our kids. The kids (all of them) got along fabulously and played outside till the swing set faded into the darkness.

I should have a triathlon to report about, but the race Saturday morning was canceled. No one knew exactly what Ike was going to bring, so the coordinators decided it was better to be safe than sorry. The tri is re-scheduled for the 28th...which is fine by me...since Lisa and I rode the bike route last week and discovered a freakin' horrible hill about half way through the course. Have at least another week and a half to psych myself up for that...or to chicken out altogether. The latter is sounding more appealing with each passing day.

Thankfully, Ike never even made his presence known in our neck of the woods. The same cannot be said for my two friends in Ohio...as of yesterday they've lost power indefinitely. So have my friends in Houston...where new devastation is still be discovered on a daily basis. Please remember them in your prayers.

It's a busy week ahead...need to fit in a long run for the 1/2 marathon training...PTO meeting and dinner...Daddy going out of town...ending with my 20th High School Reunion this weekend. Dawn and I are making a girls' night out of it, so it will undoubtedly be fun and interesting...although we'll be missing our other high school peeps...Vanessa, Yvette, Nancy...

I cannot believe I just used the word "peeps." I promise, it won't ever happen again.

5 comments:

Shanan Strange said...

Just stopped by to say "Hi!" We're so enjoying this cooler weather. Let's pray that it sticks around for a bit. Glad to hear that the training is going well.. you HAVE to keep us updated on that. I am very envious of you. Keep up the good work.

Heather said...

Thanks for the shoutout on your blog. Our power is up and running, lucky for us. Poor Catherine, not so much. I talked to her last night, and they were still in the dark, with the rumor mill saying it may be until Friday before the power is restored. Duke Energy is bringing help from the Carolinas, so hopefully that will speed things up.

Hope your reunion is a great time!

Dancing Queen said...

i need to figure out how to get me that widget!! can't believe the race is in 2 months!! aagh! having this cooler weather DEFINITELY makes it easier to train though...if you call what i'm doing "training";)

HiHoOhio said...

Poor Catherine was right.....I will take that one! 121.5 hours without electricity....not fun my friend!

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

the 28th... look out day... here she comes!
it will be great!