Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Grease LIGHTNIN'!

My very first experience in a movie theater was when my mom took me to see a double feature of Grease and Saturday Night Live. I think I was only 8 or 9, and looking back on it now, it was totally inappropriate. I don't think my mother even knew what these movies were about, and, thankfully, most of the overtones were totally lost on my naive little brain.

But, the music. OH! HOW I LOVED THE MUSIC! I owned both soundtracks shortly after seeing the movies, and I would spend hours in front of a mirror singing every single song that blasted from my record player. Yes, I said record player.

So, imagine my pure delight when my friend, Patty, sent this to me this morning. It is priceless.

All you moms out there will definitely enjoy it.

5 comments:

Dancing Queen said...

ooh! a double feature of john travolta...how cool was your mom!

we're dressing like the t-birds & pink ladies for Halloween this year & very excited!! our costumes should be arriving any day now!

HiHoOhio said...

That is one of the cutest things I have ever seen!

sojourner said...

I so enjoyed the baby flick!

MamaMia said...

Grease...one of my all time favorites. And I was right there with ya--listening to all those great songs on my record player too.

Fun link!

Anonymous said...

Love it!!! We were just talking about the GREASE lyrics a few days ago......funny we did not "get it"....