Wednesday, September 17, 2008

FOUND!

Not even 24 hours after he went missing, Spridle was returned to us safe and sound. He barely made it a mile yesterday when a dear neighbor--whom we've never met--brought Spridle home to us. The family took him in about 8pm last night...letting him sleep with their own dogs...feeding him...and keeping him safe. This afternoon the mother asked her teenage daughter what she would do if she lost a dog. The teenager answered, "I would put up signs!" They headed to the mailboxes to see if any had been posted. Lo and behold, there was Spridle's picture and our phone number. The sweet family delivered our very exhausted beagle this evening.

The kids are thrilled. Animesh and I are relieved.

And you can be SURE that Spridle will be sporting that very noisy collar from now on.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your love, support, kind comments, phone calls, and emails. I am definitely feelin' the love.

13 comments:

Heather said...

Oh, I have goosebumps, I am so happy for you! Thank goodness for nice neighbors, and for the signs you all thought to post.

Hope you can get Spridle's wanderlust under control.

Have a great day! And say an extra prayer for Catherine that they get their power on SOON!

sojourner said...

BIG smile on my face now!

Anonymous said...

I just checked the mail and cried for poor Spridle and the kids. SOOOOO glad he's home.

Ashley said...

What great neighbors! I'm so glad Spridle has a happy ending.

Spridle is such a cute name. Where did it come from?

Dancing Queen said...

yay, yay, yay!!!

now, stay spridle, stay!!!

wonderful ending!!

Becky said...

Yay Sprindle!!

So glad you found home!!!

There is NO place like it!

Yvette said...

Oh thank goodness he is safe and sound! I am sure Spridle is happy to be home. Otis ran off once, went visiting his girlfriend, and came home with a 4 inch gash in his leg. Stitches, drain tube... but we love him!

HiHoOhio said...

OMG
Heather asked if I knew and I did not, so glad your friend came home!
POWER IS BACK....good luck tomorrow
more later!

MamaMia said...

You would be right...Darcie is now teaching the M-F class. There have been many changes, but it's a new leaf...great beginnings!

So glad Spridle was found quickly.

Still planning on the half marathon. Less than two months...I've got to take it up a notch. Have I mentioned that I hate distance?! It's torturous!! But, it's been a long time since I've consistently run so yea for me! My next post will be on the training/half marathon so stay tuned. ;)

Shanan Strange said...

Oh YAY! I know how miserable it is when you lose a pet. Thanking God that he made it home safely.

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

oh so glad he made it home!
thank you Lord!

Dancing Queen said...

hope all is well in your household...how was the reunion???

miss ya!

Laura said...

I am very glad for you--I'm sure Spridle's very happy, too. :)