Tuesday, August 26, 2008

2 out of 3


Well, I survived.
I managed to shed only a few tears as we sent
Priya off to 1st grade and Deven to Kindergarten.
They were both so ready that it made
the whole experience easier.
And, their teachers are wonderful so far.
It's gonna be a good year.
I can FEEL it.

Our kids have always needed their sleep.
Unfortunately, it is still quite bright at 7pm--
bedtime for the little Indians.
Daddy found this mask for Sleeping Beauty to use.
I think she kept it on all night.


I love this picture of my first-grader and kindergarten-er.
With the sun coming up over our driveway.
They were both so excited.
Power Ranger poses before loading up in the truck.
I love that Priya wanted to wear pig tails on her first day.
And, thanks to our friends for Deven's adorable shirt.


Proud Mama with 2 of her little Indians.

Baby Trevor and I stayed busy all day while the kids
were in school. We met his teacher, had lunch and
ice cream with friends, and went grocery shopping.

When we picked up Priya and Deven,
they both chatted excitedly about their day.
Deven exclaimed proudly,
"Mama, I didn't even have to go to the
PRINCIPAL'S OFFICE today."
Thanks to his big sister for
instilling that fear in him.

Trevor was supposed to start school this morning.
Oh, the glorious plans I had for my first day
without children!
Alas, he woke up with a terrible cough,
a green, runny nose,
and dark circles under his eyes.
My heart sank as I realized my day
would NOT be free after all.
Instead, I will be caring for my baby
and watching endless Wiggles videos.

I can think of worse things to be doing.

11 comments:

Shalet said...

7:00 pm bedtime - how fantastic would that be! We have a week yet before school starts. Last night my kid literally went to be at midnight. It's now 8:00 am and the baby is already up. The other two will sleep till noon. I'm going to have to start the early morning gestapo banging pots and pans to get them up and on a new schedule. They will not be pleased.

Hope Trevor feels better soon!

Shalet said...

That would be went to bed. You can see I'm not yet awake. :o)

Anonymous said...

What a fun pose to start off the first day of school! LOL :)

Heather said...

Ohh, those pics are so sweet. Is Deven in all-day kindergarten? We only have half-day here, so it's a long time before all three of mine are gone all day.

Hope Trevor is better soon. Poor Gabe is missing his big brother and sister today; cried again when the bus took them away. He starts preschool for the first time next week; I'm sure he will love it.

Your hair looks awesome! That style really suits you.

Dancing Queen said...

hey girlfriend!
you were DEFINITELY missed yesterday! just posted my first day pics too!

the kids look ADORABLE! wonder where they got the kinder t-shirt??? jack would love that!

still lovin' your new "do"!

i've missed ya! get well soon, trevor!

HiHoOhio said...

Happy your first day was grand, sorry day two did not work as you hope. Do hope that little guys feels better....patience my friend!

Anonymous said...

I didn't get my free day either. I had to take Natalya to the pedi. Boy was I bummed. And my poor V. Gonna have a hard time of starting again.

Heather said...

Just had to tell you how much I enjoyed talking to you today! I can't wait to meet you in person in March (or before then, if you come to visit).

Good luck finishing BD!

carissa... brown eyed fox said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
carissa... brown eyed fox said...

look at their faces... their smiles say it all... they were SO excited!

i know how it is... still having a little one at your side. they do not have mothers day out programs here like back in TX... boo! i love having her around but sometimes mama needs some time! :)

how do you do it... gettting those angels to bed by seven... i need lessons!

i sure hope the Trevor gets better fast... wiggles can make you crazy! :)

meg duerksen said...

ohhh a sleeping mask! i think that is excellent.
i need to do this for my kids.
we put them to bed so early.
this would be great.
thanks!