Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Weekend Recap

Our weekend festivities began Thursday evening with Priya's Kindergarten Social and Program. All four classes sang, danced, and entertained their families after a potluck dinner. Too much fun. How that talented music teacher got all those kids to respond to her and her piano is beyond me. She's gifted. As most teachers are.

Priya, who dislikes public performances where people are staring at her, sang her little heart out. It helps that her best buds were standing next to her. My big "almost first grader." Bittersweet, this parenting stuff.


Hands down highlight of the program? When the parents had to join their kids for the Tootie Tot dance. Daddy was a great sport..."thumbs up, knees bent, bottom out, tongue out, eyes closed..." Hilarious.


Mimi is in Idaho visiting the cousins, so Papa came to watch the show.


Headed to the gym pool Friday after school. Had fun with the cool under water camera.







Spent Saturday doing house chores and (GASP!) cooking! Yes, I used my kitchen for more than nuking frozen foods, and, ya know what? I actually enjoyed it. Even snuck in some "Deceptively Delicious" recipes for the kids. Who knew baked potato soup with squash puree would be so yummy?!

Sunday was church day...and SPURS DAY! Animesh and I enjoyed going to the blow-out game agains the Lakers...GO SPURS GO!

Memorial Day Monday. Lazed around the pool in the 'hood and enjoyed burgers and dogs.

Deven's first trip down the slide. His anxiety-ridden face says it all. Traumatized for the rest of the summer...don't think he'll be trying it again any time soon.


Priya was the same way last summer. Scared to death of that slide. Now, we can't pry her away from it.


These are a few of my favorite things.



It's always more fun to swim with friends.


Priya took this underwater shot of Natalya.


Stealin' some lovin' from one of my boys. Another work of art by Priya.


Tomorrow Deven graduates from preschool. I'll be an official wreck. Till August when he starts kindergarten. Then, I'll be even more of a wreck.

Bring on the tissues. And, the waterproof mascara.

Under two weeks till the triathlon. This week is hard core training followed by a week of easy training before the big race. I cannot believe it's almost here.

Don't forget to cheer on those Spurs tonight! BEAT L.A.!!!

7 comments:

Dancing Queen said...

Such fun shots & memories you have!
Love the one w/you & the kids in the pool...

We will DEFINITELY be cheering on those SPURS!!

Good luck w/graduation tomorrow! I didn't bawl nearly as much as I thought I would.

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

what a full AND fun weekend!

that tootie tot dance... OMG... too cute!
really enjoyed all your great pics!

Heather said...

Love the pics, especially the pool shots. Good idea with the waterproof camera; I'm always too afraid to ruin my good one, and never think to buy one of those before we head out to the pool.

I'm glad I'm not the only sappy mom in the world; I tear up at every music program, graduation, play...my kids think I'm a wreck!

Good luck with your training this week...can't wait to hear how you do!

MamaMia said...

Fun recap. As everyone else said, great pictures!

Dancing Queen said...

ok, so the spurs game didn't end up too great...aagh!

one more shot & in LA! i'm wearing my champion t-shirt as long as i can!!

can't wait to hear how today went!

sojourner said...

Loved the pictures. Looked like the underwater ones were taken through glass. I especially enjoyed your Beloved.....cracked me up!

Love.....

Shalet said...

Looks like a great weekend - love the underwater photos!