Monday, May 12, 2008

It's Great to be Me

Mother's Day was the best this year...I lost count how many times the kids said "Happy Mother's Day, Mommy!" Lots of hugs and kisses came my way...which, thankfully, is not unlike most other days.

I'm a total and complete sucker for these hand made gifts...and the kids' teachers didn't disappoint. Here are Priya's photo flower pot, Deven's hand print in clay, and Trevor's hand painted Chinese food take-out box...complete with chopsticks and fortune cookies that actually had "Happy Mother's Day" messages inside! My heart was melting.

The photo book was compiled by Daddy and the kids...they went to great lengths to insert the pics in this giant, book-sized Hallmark scrapbook. So precious.



Since I have become quite the coffee addict...Animesh couldn't resist buying me these mugs for Mother's Day.



After church we headed to our neighborhood brunch...where we were lucky enough to be seated next to friends (and a soon-to-be mother of three.)



The kids had a blast playing chase, ring-around-the-rosey, and duck duck goose.



Resting on the lounge chairs by the pool. The resting lasted about a minute and then they were off again.



It really IS great to be me...the mother of these special little Indians.



After brunch we headed home to do absolutely nothing. Priya and I lounged around outside...



...while the boys flew their kites. It was a perfect, extra-windy day for it.



The day ended with me going to Game 4 of the Spurs/Hornets play off series with a dear friend. I haven't been to a game all season. Thankfully, I wasn't a bad luck charm, because the series is finally all tied up! GO SPURS GO!

9 comments:

MamaMia said...

Lovely post as usual. Such sweet memories.

Now, I need to know where Animesh got the "Stop Volunteering for Stuff" mug. I think that needs to be my motto for next year. :)

And yes, GO SPURS GO!!

sojourner said...

My beloved bought me the same mug last year! I miss the handmade gifts ;o(

So glad you had such a fantastic day! I'm counting down to Thursday......
Love Ya

Heather said...

Love the pics of you and your angels...isn't Mother's day the best? Looks like your good weather made it here a day later; breezy and sunny, although much cooler (60 degrees). I love that volunteering mug, too...will we EVER learn that lesson?!

Laura said...

It makes me giggle that he found the volunteering mug for you---a subtle message, perhaps? or a not-so-subtle message? :)

Yeah, I had to slip out on Saturday because it was Greg's birthday & I needed to be home. I hope y'all didn't stay too late! I'm sorry that we didn't get a chance to chat either. :(

It sounds like your Mother's Day was good--I am so glad.

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

LOVE ALL the pics!! I'm glad one turned out of us cause mine were terrible (Scott could use a few photo classes, one head cut off and one of our bodies no heads!!) Barrett could of prob taken better pics..I'll post mine of all kiddos soon..too cute!! So glad to catch up a little bit and speacial to see you guys on such a great WINDY day!!) Love ya A

Dancing Queen said...

We were soooo tempted to make reservations for the brunch, but knew after Saturday's festivities, we'd be exhausted, and we were right!! Glad you had a perfect day! Those gifts are the ABSOLUTE best!
Miss ya!

Shalet said...

Sounds like a great day!

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

what a complete... happy heart day!

i got a pot too... my favorite gift! made by their little hands is the best i agree!

i love seeing all your pics... like a window into your life!

nyjlm said...

I got a flower/photo pot too! So sweet.

I'm finally visiting after the super sweet comment you left on my blog quite a while ago. I think we left for our spring break trip and I never got to respond...and I'm finally catching up. I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better! And wtg on the biking and swimming!