Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Slowly But Surely

So. I am slowly but surely climbing my way out of this deep, dark pit that I fell into last month. It's not a complete accomplishment. But, I feel better than I did yesterday. Which isn't 100%. But it's marked improvement. That's all I can ask for.

I remembered that I had not shared any Easter wishes, pictures, or the like. So, here they are...in an attempt not to get any further behind on things than I already am.

Two out of three Indians agreed to pose with their Mommy. The absentee child is 2 years old. Need I say more?


The egg hunt at church was fun to watch. Priya was with the "big" kids which made me sad. She's growing up way too quickly.

Trevor's usual assertiveness was not on display at the egg hunt. I think he collected 4 eggs.

On the contrary...Deven was a mad man on the playground. He couldn't collect those eggs fast enough. He wasn't about to stop and humor his mother while she took a cute posed photograph.


Year after year...it's the same Easter bunny...in the same dress...but the kids love her. I love how kids thrive on predictability and tradition.


Springtime has sprung. Easter has come and gone. At church Easter Sunday the kids let loose some of the butterflies that they had watched since the caterpillar stage. The symbolism was not lost since the word "transformation" is taking on a new meaning in my life. I think I'm still in the chrysalis stage...making small yet dramatic changes...uncovering new discoveries about myself...revealing strengths and mysteries I never knew I possessed...embracing those not-so-perfect qualities that make me ME.

Only God knows when this butterfly will finally take flight. I will try harder to wait patiently until the time comes. By the grace of God, it will happen soon.

7 comments:

Dancing Queen said...

Wow!! I actually get to be FIRST to post a comment...

Hang in there, Jen! You are an amazing woman with so many gifts and talents to offer...it is ok to have an "off season". Spring is blossoming and I hope that the colors and activity that you see around you in nature during this time of year, will help you to feel more like yourself...SOON! I know you are anxious to get out of this slump quickly!

BTW...your hair looks so great in those pictures! I love the new style!

many hugs...

Heather said...

Great Easter pics! You inspire me to get off my behind and download mine! Yes, I am a nurse...14 years and counting. I work in the SICU at Christ Hospital in Cincinnati, and I love it. Just two 12-hr night shifts a week, so it works out great for my family. I mainly work weekends, and I am usually looking forward to the break of being mommy by Friday night! Your hometown sounds so neat, I was looking up Texas real estate for fun last night. It is still cold here, and I am ready for some sun! Your babies are adorable...three is a good number, I think. I always wanted four, but my third is enough to count as two kids! I love the setup of your blog...was it hard to do? If it's easier, you can email me sometime. My address is kelseyhs@go-concepts.com . Hang in there; God's grace IS good...it's just so hard for us human beings to be patient (kind of like our kids). Take care, and thanks for looking at my blog!

Heather

MamaMia said...

Jennifer, you are beautiful!! Who took the pictures of you and two of the Indians...Animesh?...very nice.

Hope you continue to make your way out of "the pit."

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

first off let me say... cause my jaw just dropped... you're beautiful! wow! i know i saw your profile pic... but oh my... girl!

i am so sorry about your funk. i can not say i know how you feel... i do not. what i can share is that i have been in "holes" so deep i never thought or frankly wanted to crawl out of them! it hurts... BAD! sort of like casting crowns "can anybody hear her". feels like no body SEES where you are... what you're going through.

God be with you! i will keep you in my prayers! He can do it... you can do it! sending love!

Shalet said...

You have a beautiful wonderful family - no wonder since they came from a beautiful wonderful person. And I second the hair comments - love it! I need styling tips - my hair just doesn't do that.

I'm glad you're pulling yourself up and out. Get on that new bike of yours and go for a nice long ride.

*Hugs*

MamaMia said...

Yes, it's me again. I was reading another blog and saw this scripture. It made me think of you in this time of blah. Thought I would share it.

Isaiah 40:31
(from The Message)

But those who wait upon God get fresh strength. They spread their wings and soar like eagles, they run and don't lag behind.

XO

Anonymous said...

I'm hear for you if you need me, always remember that..also, I'm hear to drink too!! Love ya like a sista...Angelia