Saturday, March 22, 2008

Down and Out


I can't remember the last time I have been this sick. About 2 hours after I said good-bye to Kirby, my body fell victim to some sort of "flu-walking pneumonia-type" illness that manifested itself with almost every symptom imaginable (except vomiting, thank goodness). Fever? Check. Deep, hacking cough? Check. Body aches? Check. Skin that felt pain when touched? Double check. I've been in bed for most of the last 5 days...thanking God that Animesh had already planned on being off this Spring Break. He assumed full-time Daddy duty very nicely...but some of our outdoor fun never happened.

I managed to pump myself full of all of the above drugs so that one afternoon we could enjoy an adorable movie with an important message (a person's a person no matter HOW small). We also took in High School Musical: The Ice Tour.

Today, of course, Easter eggs had to be dyed. I crawled out of bed long enough to take some shots of their masterpieces.



Animesh picked up Kirby's cremated remains this morning at the vet. We had received such nice notes from the vet and from Paws in Heaven...who did the cremating. They even hand-signed a card and included it with Kirby.

One of my bloggy friends suggested writing notes to Kirby and sending them to heaven in balloons. We did just that. When we ask Trevor where Kirby is now, he replies, "in heaven...licking God and Jesus' face." This is probably true. Kirby was a lover...not a fighter. He loved to give kisses.

The kids watched in amazement as their notes & pictures floated to Kirby "heaven."

Afterwards, Kirby's ashes were sprinkled in his favorite place...outside in our backyard. He never did like to be inside much.

This is Spridle, our other beagle. I think he's lonely. Animesh disagrees. Regardless, this dog has seen more treats, affection, attention, and freedom than he's had in years. You could say we're overcompensating just a tad since we lost Kirby.

I love Easter lilys. They represent new beginnings and fresh starts...exactly what Easter means to me.

We wish you a beautiful Easter.

6 comments:

MamaMia said...

Sorry you are down and out Jennifer. God planned it so nicely...you sick, Animesh off. I never get to be sick by myself, ever.

Beautiful post.

Happy Easter!

sojourner said...

Please get better as soon as possible! I am amazed at the beautiful balloon picture! It makes me think of the risen Lord and all the newness that entails. What wonderful memories you are making with the little Indians!

Love Always!

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

oh NO! i am so sorry to hear you are sick! may your body recover quickly! it is so hard being mommy & being sick! oh... bless your heart!

i love the idea of messages in balloons! really good for everone!

Shalet said...

I'm so glad you sent the notes - just beautiful! :o)

And I'm sorry to hear your feeling badly - get better soon! Happy belated Easter!

Dancing Queen said...

Wow! What a Spring Break you had!! Although it was probably better that the kids were off, otherwise you would be trying to run around and get them where they needed to be!

What a beautiful, beautiful idea of the balloons & notes! It really gave the kids a way of "participating" and a chance to express their emotions...you too!!

Hope this week is off to a better start!

Mendy said...

What a Beautiful celebration for all the Indians to experience. Hope your feeling better!
Mendy