Monday, February 25, 2008

Happy Things

Don't you sometimes dread getting the mail? Most of the time we find crammed into our teeny-tiny community box nothing but bills, junk mail, more catalogs than we could possibly order from, and now the frequent political solicitation telling me WHY I should vote for their candidate. A couple weeks ago I had quite a few nice birthday cards...but no letters from anyone like I used to receive. Email has replaced that...and, truth be told, I'm a little sad this has happened. Back in the day I was quite the letter writer. My grandma can attest to that.

So, imagine my glee when today I discovered not one, but TWO non-junk, non-catalog tiny packages waiting for me in my mailbox. The first happy thing was this precious camera strap. Have you visited ETSY yet? If not, you should. Darling hand-made, unique items--you can find just about anything. Melody gave me a pretty necklace from Etsy for my birthday. Isn't the camera strap cheery? You can find it here. I just know it will make me happy when I pull out my camera and wear this cute, pink thing as I snap my shots. So fun.

And, then THIS adorable piece of artistry arrived today, too! I have been admiring this rustic cross cuff here for a month now. I've followed her blog, and she just seems like such a cool mom! I finally decided to order the cuff...and I'm so glad I did.

But, it wasn't just the cuff bracelet that was so spectacular in person (although it IS!). It's the way it was packaged. The cuff was wrapped in tissue with such great care...and placed perfectly into a craft bag. Then, she tied it so creatively with a turquoise leather cord with her card attached. The hand-written note added the final and pleasing personal touch. HER thanking ME for the order! It should be the other way around.


So, Brown-Eyed Fox...thank you for my adorable creation. It was made with the utmost of care, I can tell, and every time I place it on my wrist it will make me smile.

Here's to happy things!

6 comments:

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

awe...
i just got your message... you are so sweet (and beautiful... saw your pic)! thank you SO much! i DO hope you love your cuff!

that camera strap is way fun! i too am a BIG fan of Etsy... so much goodness to be found there!

i look forward to reading your pretty blog!

big blessings to you too!

Anonymous said...

My camera strap is pink and pretty, too.

Shalet said...

What wonderful treasures! It's always great to get treats in the mail. :o)

sojourner said...

I love the cuff - Cheers to Happy things!

Mendy said...

Love, love both of your fun new finds!!! gotta have the camera strap! Treasures are much better to receive in the mail than bills and junk!
Mendy

Anonymous said...

I covet Carissa's cuff. Say that three times and send me that cuff!