Friday, January 18, 2008

Something to Think About

I haven't taken a picture in days. I'm not even sure I KNOW where my camera is...typical for me and my sometimes haphazardly organized life. The days often blur together...rushing from here to there, sometimes with kids, sometimes not. But, you couldn't PAY me enough money to change my life. I live a very full life with a great husband, healthy, loving children, caring friends, social opportunities WITH those friends, a terrific new church home where I am free to worship God, opportunities to be active in my kids' schools, a new gym to go to in hopes of pumping myself up, our health, a roof over our heads, food on the table, dreams, goals...the list could go on and on.

This past week, in particular, I've been feeling so tremendously blessed...even in my full-blown PMS state. Unusual for me. And, no, I haven't been taking any "happy pills" to foster this grateful attitude. For a few days now a post from an old friend new to blogging has been on my mind (I can't link directly to it, but it's the Thursday, January 10 post). I've known that my friend is a gifted, GIFTED writer, but this particular post struck a powerful chord in me. Read it, read it again, and then read it one more time. Let it sink in. Pay special attention to the poem. Be sure to click on the photo link. I summed it all up in my comment to my dear friend. You can check that out if you like, and, if this story has remotely affected you, you can comment, too.

And, finally, even if you're having the worst of days---give eternal thanks to whomever you believe in for the freedom you have to do what you want, when you want, with whom you want. Offer up thanks, too, for all of those who have defended our freedom in the past and will continue to do so in the future.

Those women in Afghanistan would be happy to have one of our "worst" days, wouldn't you think?

God Bless the USA.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen:
Thank you thank you for your heartfelt feedback on my Women of Afghanistan post. Yesterday I could not get into my blog thinking everything was lost. I even said, "So be it, perhaps I don't need to do a blog." However, this morning I heard back from a couple of people on the Afghan women and it has given me the umph to carry on. Even if one heart is touched the blog is worth my time and effort. You encourage me. I love you dearly!

Anonymous said...

You always have an amazing way to inspire me!!! HUGS.....