Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Tag! I'm IT!

Okay, so I've been tagged for a meme. Whatever that is. I had to look it up in the dictionary (once I finally FOUND the silly thing). Guess what? Meme isn't IN the dictionary! Holy guacamole. Thank goodness the rules were sent to me by lovely Melody (the one who tagged me).

Here's what you gotta do:

1. Link to the buddy who tagged you.
2. Post the rules.
3. Share 7 random, ever-so-intersting facts about yourself.
4. "Tag" 7 other people at the end and include links to their blog.
5. Let each person know you tagged them (in a private, intimate, personal email).

Okay. Here goes.

1. My first year of college I was in ROTC, the marching band, and nursing school--all at the same time. I had three different uniforms I had to wear on the correct days at the correct times. I was attached to my iron and ironing board. And, I failed every single ROTC inspection. Fly-away hairs were the culprit. I refused to chop off my locks.

2. I have been to India and seen the Taj Mahal. Not when I was young, single, and carefree. I went when I was in my 30s and married. With a 2 year old and a 6 month old. The trip is all a blur. Thank goodness for the 11 rolls of film I took to document I was actually there. Because I don't remember the trip. No, I was not digital back in 2003. Shame on me.

3. My original plan when I went to college was to become a teacher. My dad told me there was no money in teaching. I chose nursing because it sounded good. No, really.

4. I was a rocker in the 7th grade. Still am to a point. Def Leppard was...and still is...so cool.

5. I am not really a blonde (did I hear gasps of disbelief rippling across the internet?).

6. I am totally, utterly, and completely addicted to Law and Order: Special Victims Unit. I have seen almost every episode 2 or more times. TBS has reruns almost nightly. I am in love with Mariska Hargitay. Who wouldn't love a girl with a name like that? She is, to me, one of the most talented and beautiful actresses around. And, Chris Meloni (aka Elliott Stabler) totally rocks. Especially with Julia Roberts in "Runaway Bride."

7. Melody and I went to high school together. But didn't know each other. Her husband and my husband are good friends since med school (MANY years ago). Melody and I didn't meet till our husbands introduced us. Funny.

Okey dokey, I tag Texas to Tulsa, Haddad Family, Vanessa, Jeanne, & my sis, Kristin. That's only 5, but Melody took almost all the bloggers I know. Those of you without blogs...just leave your 7 facts in my comment section. I could use some interesting reading material. Because I have so much spare time on my hands.

So, what is a "meme" anyway?!

8 comments:

Melody A. said...

ROTC?? Really? What were you thinking?

And because you asked:
http://www.webraw.com/quixtar/archives/2006/01/blogging_101_the_blog_meme.php

Honorary Indian said...

Got an ROTC scholarship at Angelo State. Really wanted to be an Air Force Nurse. But, the social side got the better of me, and that's what I chose to drop.

Can you imagine how many deployments I would have had by now?!

fictionmama said...

1) I have twin boys that I delivered after 7 weeks on hospital bed rest.

2) I am obsessed with the t.v. show "Buffy the Vampire Slayer." I watched the entire series (all 7 years) when I was on bed rest. Now I get a tingly feeling every time I see Sarah Michelle Gellar in People magazine. I'd watch the whole thing again from beginning to end if I could.

3) I have two master degrees. Neither of which are of use to me now. Especially when I'm watching "Buffy."

4) I can't swim.

5) I like all types of music, but if you want to make me happy and giddy you can play old school r&b or soul. The songs that make me the happiest are "September" by Earth, Wind and Fire and "You Don't Know Me" the Ray Charles version. My favorite song to run to, though? "Fighter" by Christina Aguilera.

6) My sister Cynthia was friends in high school with Melody's sister , Stephanie and Jen's sister, Kristen.

7) I've run two half marathons and my ultimate dream is to some day (please, please, please) run the New York marathon.

fictionmama said...

I'm fictionmama by the way. I don't know why that old name showed up. It's from an old journal/blog I kept.

Honorary Indian said...

Nice, Vanessa! Thanks for playing!

Anonymous said...

Not really a blonde? Dang, girl, who does your color? I've known you for 20 years (gulp) and never knew that.

fictionmama said...

you sent an email saying you knew everything about me, so here's one you may not know...i can still do the splits...it's a sight to behold...you might go blind.

Anonymous said...

Ok, let's see if I can actually think of 7 interesting facts about myself...
1. My high school graduation ceremony was at the Peterborough Cathedral in England and my dad was the honorary guest who handed me my diploma.

2. I live in Boise, Idaho and the potatoes here are not all that special.

3. I am a die hard Spurs fan and I watched all 82 games on tv last year, even though I live in Boise. (We pay for the NBA Ticket on dish network)

4. A realtor friend of mine recently enlisted my help to stage homes for her - I discovered my true passion is home decorating. Too bad I waited so long to figure it out!

5. I have dark brown hair and brown eyes and both my kids are blonde and blue eyed. Nobody thinks they are mine. :)

6. I went to at TOOL concert last night with my husband for his 35th birthday present and I actually loved it! Never knew I was a hard rock girl....

7. I can put my entire fist in my mouth - please don't picture it. Not sure how I realized I had that talent...not sure I want to remember, either!