Friday, December 28, 2007

Go Spurs Go!




Animesh is taking Priya and Deven to a Spurs game tonight. The kids are beyond excited. And, so is Animesh.

We had season tickets to the Spurs before we had kids...ya know...back in the good ole' days when the games were at the Dome and you could go do something FUN before or afterwards like walk on the river, eat at fun restaurants, etc.

So, after years of putting the games on hold, Animesh broke down this year and bought ONE season ticket. Yep, just one. He goes most of the time...and has made friends with the little old ladies who have proved to be more rabid fans than Animesh. In fact, one of them has no problem jumping up out of her seat after a bad call and screaming to the refs, "Do you need GLASSES?!" I've been to a game twice. It takes a lot of persuasion on Animesh's part, not because I sit alone (our seats are just 2 rows in front of my parents'), but because it is soooo way past my bedtime. Oh, yes, I am such a party animal.

Anyhoo, today Animesh scored 2 more tickets that happen to be located right next to our ONE seat. So, the kids are going. Hope Daddy realizes there won't be much game-watching. It'll be all about the popcorn, the Fan Fare upstairs where the games are, and what special souvenir they'll be bringing home. Especially one for Trevor, who is the odd man out tonight. He's stuck at home with Mommy. Partying in our jammies. My fave kind of evening. I might even squeeze in a bubble bath later on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it!!! Go SPURS Go! We have two season tickets, but we split the package with two other couples. Like you, Ryan usually goes with John because I need my beauty sleep :o)

sojourner said...

Jen, I want to know how your Beloved faired with the little ones during the game. He is a BRAVE soul!