Friday, November 16, 2007

Thanks Be to Thee

We leave town tomorrow, and I couldn't let my last (whiny) post linger all that time. With Thanksgiving upon us, I couldn't help but make a mental list of all that I have to be grateful for. There's no way I can name them all here, but some of them include the love of my family and friends, our health, freedoms of speech and to worship God, Animesh's job, our home, clothes, and food on the table...our 3 LITTLE INDIANS who never cease to amuse, inspire, and teach us on a daily (HOURLY) basis...I'm sure your list might include some of these same things.

Today I'm grateful for the cooler temps and the bright blue sky...

And, I'm thankful that yesterday I got to share in my 2-year-old's Thanksgiving feast at school. I'm SOOOOO thankful for the beautiful card Trevor's teacher gave to us...THANKING US for sharing our child with them. How sweet is that?

These were the table decorations at Trevor's feast. Each child was transformed into the CUTEST PILGRIM EVER!

He sat on my lap the entire time and only ate a roll and a cookie for lunch, but the loving glances he threw my way the whole time were the best gift a mommy could have gotten.

Today, I'm specifically thankful for the boys playing so well together while I frantically washed clothes and packed suitcases. Every so often one of them would pop in to say, "I love you, Mommy" or Trevor's fave, "Mommy, you're booful" (beautiful). I'm thankful for Trevor's sensitivity when we took the dogs to the vet to be boarded this morning; he cried all the way home that he "misses Kirby and Spridle." Before lunch we drug out just a few Christmas decorations, and I'm so thankful for the magic and wonder I saw in the boys' eyes when some of the house was decorated. Deven repeatedly told me "the house looks so beautiful!"

Then, they wanted to take a picture with some of their fave decorations.


The list could go on and on...but basically, I'm so grateful for this life God has blessed me with, and I hope that you, too, will take a minute and jot down all that you have to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. Bet your pen will run out of ink before you're done writing them all down.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

have a great trip. we are blessed. Enjoy your vacation. thanks for the "being thankful" reminder.

HiHoOhio said...

Happy Thanksgiving to my very special friend and her BEAUTIFUL family.
Lots of love and hugs! Texasto Tulsa!!!

Anonymous said...

hi Jen! I love your new look! So nice of you to leave the Relish logo on your photo too. Very much appreciated. Hope you and your wonderful family had a great vacation and Thanksgiving! :0)