Friday, October 12, 2007

GNO

I came to recognize the "GNO" subject line in my email inbox over the last week as we planned it...it means a Girl's Night Out! Last night we visited Pasion Latin Bistro and had a blast. Melody, great choice for our first outing.

Helen, Lianne, and our fearless social planner, Angelia, say cheese.


It was cool how the Taft High School grads--Melody, Dawn, and myself-- ended up on the same side of the table. Go Raiders.


The beverage possibilities were endless...


...but in the end I decided on the Watermelon Mojito. And, I didn't regret ordering it. Both times.


The Tres Leches cake was out of this world...definitely one of the best I've had. And, I've had a lot.


Angelia's "Cinderella slippers" that showcased her trendy black pedicure.


Melody taught me how to "shoot from the hip"...to place the camera at your hip and push the button...and hopefully capture something abstract and cool. This is what happened when I tried it. Yes, I definitely captured someone cool.


This is Helen when I told her to "act natural" when I pointed the camera at her.


The camera was sitting on the table for this shot of our social planner, Angelia.


Dawn and I stayed a little later and gabbed on the patio enjoying some cooler temps and great guitar music. We would have stayed later had the gigantic bugs, crickets, and moths not decided to dive-bomb at our heads and down our shirts.

I think I speak for all of us when I say we had a great time eating, drinking, laughing, and, yes, talking about our children. Looking forward to gathering next month with mi amigos.

1 comment:

Melody A. said...

Go Raiders! Can't wait til next month!