Monday, September 3, 2007

Let's Hula Since We're Out of School-a

We celebrated Labor Day at our neighborhood clubhouse where they hosted a luau-themed lunch. It was especially nice since we were able to hang out with our great-friends-soon-to-be-neighbors.

Natalya & Priya...breathtakingly beautiful.


Handsome boys enjoyed eating cake for lunch.

Fun, kid-friendly activities included a water balloon toss...

...playing catch with the beach ball...

...doing the limbo--how low can you go?....

...practicing our hula moves...

...and making our own lei bracelets.

Before leaving the kids asked to "dip their feet in the pool." This translated into getting soaked from neck to toe...but their facial expressions made it all worthwhile.

It is so special to be able to make memories with such special friends. What a fun day.

5 comments:

Melody A. said...

You beat me! I've been working on getting mine posted!! Aren't they just darling. Thank you thank you thank you again. We all had a blast.

Priya looks like a pro hula hooper!

Melody A. said...

PS- I love the bw. Great job.

Anonymous said...

I am a sucker for b&w and these are gorgeous. So are your kids. What a fun day...loved you blog post title. Hula, no school-a. LOL

Anonymous said...

Oh, now I'm sad we missed it!! Scott and I did have a great "date" day though...You're pics just keep getting greater and greater!! I'm so impressed!!

a said...

I'm so jealous that you and Melody are real-life friends as well as blog-friends!

I enjoyed both your posts and all your pictures. Thanks for sharing!