Sunday, September 23, 2007

Clownin' Around

Yesterday I took Priya and Deven to a fun birthday party complete with a visit from LuLu the Clown. He's a stitch...getting the kids (and parents) involved in his antics. Thank goodness nobody captured me on film when LuLu grabbed me to do one of his silly stunts. Priya even got to be an assistant...and every child walked away with something special. The highlight for my kids, however, were the balloon animals. Something so simple yet so delightful for a little one.


I try to put myself in a "Mommy Time Out" at least once a week. This "time out" requires me to physically leave the house in order for Daddy to be with the kids so as to remind them that he is oh-so-capable of caring for them. He doesn't get that opportunity when I am home...I mean, why do they think Mommy wipes bottoms better than Daddy, anyway?

Today my "time out" was conveniently located inside a Starbucks, a scrapbooking store, and a couple shops at La Cantera. While I was gone Daddy had taken the kids to Walmart to buy clown balloons (inspired by the party yesterday). I arrived home to find all 3 children huddled around Animesh--who was staring intently at this computer screen and whipping out all sorts of creatures much to their delight. What a great daddy.

Even I was impressed with this one...For Priya Animesh made the heart first and then configured (whew, big word, huh?) the two love birds to sit inside it.

Deven shows off his blue doggie, but the yellow balloon sword is his fave.

The great thing about being "2" is that hammin' it up for the camera just comes naturally. Saying "cheese" almost always accompanies a cheesy grin...Trevor has mastered it.

Animesh was pretty proud of this "monkey" he created for each of the kids. I thought it looked more like a poodle with an unusually long tail...but who am I to burst a man's...uh...balloon?


I think it's safe to say that if this doctor thing gets old, Animesh could very well have a future in balloon-animal-making. At least his kids think so. And, to a parent, well, that's all that really matters.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

I am really impressed. Animesh - I really mean that. Shaun may do some Karate, but he is no ballon clown.
But i cant belive you went to a Scrapbook store and starbucks without me. You had better been by yourself. I am mustering up the courage to go to a "crop" next week, on Sunday to benefit breast cancer. I'd love for you to join me for a few hours or more. It is from 10am - 6pm. Are you in??

Melody A. said...

Wow! I'm impressed, too! Never underestimate the hands of a surgeon.

Melody A. said...

Oh, and I totally get the wiping the bottom thing. Daddy can be right at their side and for EVERYTHING they will call me first. I know most of the time it's just habit but, hello, "Isn't Daddy RIGHT there?" Then I'm like, "Honey, arent' you RIGHT there?" And of course he says, "Well, they called you."

Anonymous said...

How impressive is that!!! Aimesh rocks!!! Scott is jealous, he would never think of that. You've got yourself a GREAT hubbie and daddy, no wonder you feel in love with him!!!