Monday, July 19, 2010

Time Flies When You're Having Fun

Man, time is flying by. Summer is half-over. Our flight to Hawaii flew by....literally!!! Even the drive home yesterday went by quickly. I'm trying so hard to savor each and every moment of each and every day...and even though I've begun to live well in the moment, in hindsight it seems as if those moments and days just whiz by me.

We are home. After two long weeks...the kids and I rolled into the driveway yesterday afternoon after spending a few extra days with the grandparents in Dallas. Hawaii was amazing. Truly. Beautiful. Heavenly. Divine. Magical.

The two weekends we spent with my in-laws in Dallas before and after Hawaii (we flew in and out of Dallas) were wonderful, as well. Now that the kids are older, they are more free to run off and play with Dadi and Dadu...who introduced them to new Indian foods, new Indian board games, and new Indian friends we've never met.

The house is a mess. The suitcases are still packed. Kids are still asleep (thanks, Hawaii-time!). But,the chores will have to wait. Me, well, I'm off for a little mommy-time. The sitter will be here soon, and this mamacita has a date with herself. Somewhere. Doing something. What, I'm not sure. Maybe a movie. Maybe lunch alone. It doesn't matter. :-) It helps that the kids love and adore our sitter.

Oh, yeah, and be on the lookout for some vacay pics at some point.

After I make the time to sort through the over 1000 images.

Have a great Monday!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Awesome that you had such a great time! This age is wonderful, isn't it? I thought I would miss those baby days, but I really don't...

Have a good day to yourself; can't wait to see pics of vacay!

sojourner said...

i want to go to Hawaii someday.....over the rainbow so glad you had a good time

Yvette said...

Glad you had a great time and I am looking forward to your pics! Welcome home!