Monday, November 9, 2009

C IS FOR COOKIE



Can you believe that I've lived in Boerne for almost 6 years now, and I've never, ever attended Boerne Market Days?

Shocking, I know. I can hear the gasps clear across the Texas Hill Country (or at least in my neighborhood).

Well, I'm pleased to announce that after nearly 6 years I am finally going to make it to Market Days this Saturday, November 14th. I'll be there because I am volunteering at a fantastic event that my friends, Nicole and Amy, organized. It's a bake sale booth that will benefit the Cookies for Kids' Cancer Organization. Nicole and her family have been touched very personally by pediatric cancer...and I'm betting that each of us has had our own experiences with cancer at one time or another. I am excited to do my small part by baking and working the booth. And maybe even get a little Christmas shopping done in the process.

So, this weekend come on out to Boerne, the charming little town we call home. You can enjoy the Holiday Market Days in Main Plaza and stop by the Cookies for Cancer booth to indulge your sweet tooth or to simply make a donation to a worthy cause.

We'll save a cookie for you.

4 comments:

Moon Mommy said...

I heart u. Your such a great friend to be offering so much help. And I love this song, brings back so many memories. Seasame Street rocks.


"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Gal. 6-9

HipMomma said...

I'll be the one to say it, "I can't believe you've never been to Boerne Market!" I've been a few times and don't think I've ever bought anything. It could use some spicing up. Thank goodness for the cookies there.

Quirky Mess said...

I'm right there with ya, sister! I have lived 15 minutes from Wimberley for almost 10 years and have never gone to Market Days there!

What a neat cause for you to be working with!


I'm glad to see a post! Yay! Maybe I'll do one on my blog someday... sigh.

Love you!

sojourner said...

precious servant girl! i've never been and can't believe you've never been - perhaps i'll see you there....ya never know!