Sunday, May 10, 2009

Word to your Mother

"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born.
She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never.
A mother is something absolutely new. "

I have this quote in my blog header. I just love it. Because it applies to me. I am not the same person I was before I had kids. Sure, there are parts of me that are the same. I still love chocolate. I am still an annoyingly cheerful morning person. I still wait too long to do the laundry. But, the deepest, most inner parts of my being have been transformed since I gave birth to each of the 3 little Indians.

And, I wouldn't want it any other way.

Mother's Day this year was perfect. Church, brunch, and swimming. We even got to share it with my mom and my mother-in-law. And, I surprised myself at how much I didn't mind sharing it. Because if it weren't for my mom or Animesh's mom...he and I wouldn't be here. And, we wouldn't have these amazing children that have been entrusted to us.

Favorite Mother's Day moments?

--Trevor-ism: "Mom! Priya said I wasn't cute anymore but I really am cute!"

--Deven-ism while listening to Taylor Swift on the radio: "Taylor Swift is such a beautiful woman!"

--Priya belly-laughing so hard she fell off the sofa. Where she continued to belly-laugh.

--Deven-ism when I walked into the kitchen: "Wassup, mama dude?"

--sipping a margarita pool-side while listening to the kids laugh and swim with friends.

--hearing a sermon in church that reminded me no matter how much I love my kids...and, oh, how I do love them...God loves us even more than that.

Hope your Mother's Day was special in every way.


10 comments:

Staci said...

sounds like you had a blast! happy late mommas day!

Dawn said...

what a great post. loved the party on saturday, you are quite the hostess! i loved the pic of devan on the day he was born. do i get an invite to the pool this summer and an non alcoholic drink...sounds perfect!

HiHoOhio said...

Excellent Mom's day post! Love you MOM friend!

Quirky Mess said...

What a great post. Your kids are funny! How cool that you captured those little moments. They're the ones that make being a Mom worth everything. Such a cute picture of you guys!

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

what a pretty picture!

and sounds like it was a great day other there!
margarita pool side... YES!

big hugs "mama dude"!

Dancing Queen said...

soooo much fun seeing you & visiting w/you in person:)

the kids had a BALL!!! let's do it again soon!!!!

glad you had a wonderful mother's day...

sojourner said...

i love the photo and the isms

Brian and Jessica said...

I could not agree with you more on the statement about how you aren't the same person after you have kids. Dana and I have had that exact conversation--eventhough they are still babies---we already understand! :) I love the picture of the 4 of you.....simply beautiful!

patty said...

what a beautiful post and beautiful photo!! :)

Heather said...

How on earth did I miss this post?

I love it, Jennifer. Love the kid-isms; aren't they great? You are writing them down, right?

Glad you had such a blessed Mother's Day.