Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

Indeed it is. Just got finished with a run...it was the perfect morning to get out there and hit the pavement. Started out cold and ended up sunny and cool. 4 miles flew by in no time.

Right now I'm in the house listening to some worker dudes sing (badly) to their loud radio. At least I like country music. The dudes are currently turning our house upside down...installing hard wood floors everywhere we have carpet. I've been wanting to put them in anyway, but after it was determined that Priya is highly allergic to dust mites...well, we finally had our reason. Animesh wants to get a prescription for hard wood floors so he can write them off. Hmmm. Good luck with that, my dear.

Not sure how long the chaos will ensue. But, it will be well worth it.

Our Easter was a beautiful one--started out storming but cleared up quickly. The day was filled with shouts of "He is Risen!" at church, love, and smiles. And chocolate. And an Easter egg hunt.




Mimi and the kids got a ride on the golf cart from the parking lot to the Club where we enjoyed our yummy brunch. They got a kick out of that.


A few days ago we headed out to go to school and spotted this sunrise as we climbed in the car. It's totally unedited. And totally breathtaking.


And, on a another random note, does anyone out there love the Coffee House station on XM (besides Nicole?). It's all I listen to these days when I'm in the car (alone). I just love the acoustic versions of some of my fave songs. Cuz ya know, I'm a wanna be guitar player. Someday...

So, one of my new favorite artists played frequently on the Coffee House is Madeleine Peyroux. The song on my playlist is what was playing on my Ipod when I was cooling down after my run, and I can't get it out of my head. So, now I'm going to put it in your head, too.

Heading to the shower and then to "get some fun out of life."

9 comments:

Dawn said...

sounds like a great easter and your day today sounds wonderful too.yi Lucky you!

sojourner said...

love the duds (lavender ya know) beautiful sunrise for a beautiful family!

Ashley said...

Such a beautiful Easter photo!!!

I need to hit the road again.... running, that is.

HiHoOhio said...

good luck with the carpet and floors, wow what a difference it will make!
Love XM coffee house!
Love you!

HipMomma said...

I love the Coffee House. Oddly enough thought they played Ziggy Stardust today. Did you hear it? Can't wait to see the floors.

Yvette said...

What a sweet family picture and great to see your mom too. Love the sunset & the music!
Love ya

Heather said...

Sadly, I don't have XM radio :( But I did enjoy that song. And you are SO gonna be a guitar player someday, and Catherine and I will be at all your concerts, cheering you on, loudly!

Thanks for your sweet congrats on my new job. I appreciated the kind words.

You all looked beautiful for Easter. I'm cracking up over the baskets; Gabe had a Power Rangers one this year. Good times.

Anonymous said...

Ok, first I want to thank you for the permanent smile you've placed upon my face with this song. It is fun and soothing!! I have XM, so I will be looking for this station!

Your family is indeed beautiful and I'm joyous knowing you guys had a ball together!!

Denise A said...

I get so tired of listening to the same music that I turned it to Coffee House one day and that's what the radio stays on now! Hope you are doing well Jen.