Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Biker Chicks

Priya's Bike Rodeo at school was last week. She just looked so grown up and so proud as she made her way through the obstacles. My dad commented that we should go speeding in Boerne during the bike rodeo since most of the police officers were at the school judging.




Very cool that all the kids received ribbons. Awards are tomorrow morning...because I'm in the "know" I know that Priya did not place, but that's okay. She participated, which is far more than I thought she would do since she has this thing about people watching her perform.



Fellow biker chick Mommy rode 12 1/2 miles with Lisa this morning. Then, we ran about a mile with spaghetti legs and full bladders. Trying to put all the events together in preparation for the big June 8th race.

We practice swimming in open water next week. So happy to hear that Boerne Lake is home to an alligator. SO HAPPY!

8 comments:

Laura said...

You are so amazing in what you're doing in your training--you rock!

Priya is so grown up--I can't believe it!

MamaMia said...

Alright! The alligator is something new to Boerne Lake since I was last in it, but you could do the same thing I did when I saw a snake before a race...estimate the number of people around and say to yourself "What are the chances? It will probably get someone else." ;)

I have the same thing that Priya does...don't like people to watch me. So glad she conquered her "fear."

Heather said...

That bike rodeo sounds like such a neat idea...we don't have anything like that here. Maybe because we don't have rodeos? I like Mamamia's comment...surely the chances of the alligator getting you are slim with all those other tasty people around :)
Thanks for admiring my scrappin' room...organization is definitely the key for me getting something accomplished.
Best of luck with your triathalon; I can't wait to hear how you do. The fact that you are even doing it at all is inspiring to me...I'd be excited to even be able to finish!

Dancing Queen said...

Yeah, Priya!! Such a fun event for the kids...our school also gives every participant a ribbon, which is great! Where is Boerne Lake?? Did not even realize they had one where people could actually swim in it!

You & your triathlon training ROCK! YOU GO GIRL!!

Shalet said...

Hooray for biker girls young and slightly less young!

Today I drug the four-year-old around in a Burley Cart then hit the pool for a few laps. Our swim is in a river (thankfully downstream) but I need a wet suit before I jump in that. Thankfully there are no alligators; several startled trout, maybe a snake or two, but no alligators.

You are going to do great!

sojourner said...

I had a very bad dream about alligators during some of the difficult times in my ministry and up until Gad called me away my Beloved and I had a running joke. When I had a particularly bad day I would say "The alligators were biting at my heels today!" It made me dig in and fight harder. If the one alligator in the lake bites at your heels while you are swimming it will only make you swim faster and stronger! You may win the race because of the alligator. I know I did :0)

Anonymous said...

yay Priya! Also, i loved the mommysaurus t-shirt...and your hair looks cute too!!

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

that smile... that face! Priya is so pretty!

you go girls!!!!!!!

alligator... swim FAST!!!!!!!! :)