Sunday, December 23, 2007

Celebrating the Season

The hectic week of Christmas parties is now behind me. I feel like everywhere I went last week I was rushing to get there on time. Priya's Christmas party was fun...but there are no pics to share as I was runnin' the whole thing (yes, I'm a solo room parent...) and I was too busy orchestrating the crafts and helping the teacher manage a room full of kindergarteners on a sugar high.

On the boys' party day I hopped back and forth in between their classrooms. When I went to Trevor's party he said he wanted to "leave now." According to his teachers, Trevor was enjoying himself before I arrived, but when he saw me he decided he was having the worst time ever.

Trevor had much more fun when we hopped back over to Deven's party. Guess Trevor preferred the pizza & cupcakes to the chicken nuggets & cookies. Picky, picky, picky.

The boys' Christmas program was quite a production. Deven's class entered and stood on a riser, but I truly thought he was going to teeter off it as he sang with such exuberance and enthusiasm. He's been practicing his songs for days. He's a perfectionist that way.

Trevor did a GREAT job...singing and doing the hand motions to the songs without crying. He looked so cute on stage--in spite of his big, black goose egg on his forehead that bruised all the way down underneath his eye. Poor guy.

In addition to the school festivities, my sister and her family visited us from Idaho last week. It was so cool to watch the cousins play and interact with each other...as if no time had passed since they last saw one another.




Sydney is a girly-girl with her matching outfits and bows, but she can really hold her own with those boys.

The cousins took in a Christmas show at the Steven Stoli Playhouse. Santa and company were quite entertaining. Poor Sydney caught a stomach bug and couldn't join us, but Noah loved it.

Santa invited us to take pics with him after the show. The guy really gets around. Just 2 hours later we saw him at Starbucks greeting caffeine-addicted shoppers.


After Christmas things aren't looking too promising as far as taking it easy. We've got a road trip home from Dallas, a baby shower to host, and Deven's surgery to get through. And, that's all in the first week of January!

Better keep up that exercising, get some rest, and start drinking some serious Red Bull. Looks like 2008 is going to start off with a bang.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

if anyone can handle it (a busy year that is) it is you. Maybe I'll meet you in Dallas? When do you leave? Think we can follow each other and trade off kids...you'd get the crying ones, okay?