Friday, August 31, 2007

Pounding the Pavement

...or the gravel, I should say. Wednesday morning found Lisa and I taking a run around beautiful Boerne Lake. I'm embarrassed to admit that I didn't even know Boerne HAD a lake... and I've lived here 3 years. Anyway, I couldn't ask for a better training partner/friend. Lisa is so encouraging, positive, and a wealth of information since she's trained for a triathlon before. We easily ran 2 miles, and while I had difficulty walking yesterday, it felt GOOD! Afterwards, we refueled at one of the best little restaurants in Boerne, The Peach Tree. Delish. Nothing like some good exercise and some good food with a great friend!

We'll eventually swim in this lake to train for that part of the triathlon. Lisa (who has swam in it before) assures me that no creatures lurk underwater ready to grab my meaty legs and pull me under. Yes, I've watched "Jaws" one too many times.

Not known for my shyness...I asked some fishermen (well, one of them looked like a fisherBOY who shoulda been in school...) to snap a shot of Lisa and I following our run. We don't sweat, by the way. We glisten.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you guys are so inspiring! and tell Lisa hi, she's the sweetest person on the planet.
also, is the lake hard to get to? i have a shoot in boerne tomorrow.
thanks! :0)

Honorary Indian said...

I have directions if you like. It's kinda out a ways...not close to downtown Boerne or Main St. There's a lake in our neighborhood if you'd like to use it for your shoot! See Melody's post a few days ago about feeding ducks/going to see the house.

Anonymous said...

You'll do great...keep up the hard work, btw, you look awfully darn pretty on a training day!!