Monday, July 23, 2007

Note to self...



I told myself that after I started this blog I would always carry my new, smaller camera (a snappy little point and shoot number that is not only shock-proof but WATERPROOF!). Not surprisingly I ran out of the house today without it. As luck would have it, I wished I had it handy during our jaunt to Barnes & Noble. I followed the kids (who were sprinting from "boring" Starbucks) into the children's section and followed them around until they chose their one special book. As we were making our way to the check-out line, a catchy title caught my eye--"I Was Really a Good Mom Before I Had Kids: Reinventing Modern Motherhood." Hmmm. Glancing at the back cover was the clincher. The authors told me I needed to add this to my pile of purchases if I a) consider going to the dentist my special "alone time," b) I reflexively refer to the bathroom as "the potty," and c) I'm competitive about winning Chutes and Ladders.

Sold. As my heart leapt with excitement about starting this book, I glance down at my 2-year-old (adorable photo above) who is downing my Grande Cinnamon Dolce Latte (nonfat, sugar-free, no whip) at lightning speed while looking up at me with those luscious eyelashes and then whispering, "Yum." Where was my camera?! Yep, I am a modern mom in desperate need of this title...after thumbing through it I am certain that this book was written for this honorary Indian...I mean, who wouldn't love a book with dirty little secrets from moms such as, "I don't know how to ask for help. I just know how to scream at my husband."?

No comments: