Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Shining Star


While I was training for my first triathlon, I mentioned that I had hooked up with this amazing swim coach to help me un-do all of my horrible swimming habits. This swim coach brought her smiling face, instructive yet kind voice, and her sense of humor to every swim lesson she gave me. I marveled at how she was able to make me feel like I had accomplished something after every single meeting...even if it was only 25 meters of proper kicking...or holding my breath for longer than 1 stroke. This swim coach let her light shine in so many ways for me. I already knew how to ride a bike and run a few miles. But, swimming in a lake for 1/2 a mile? I couldn't have done it without my swim coach.

This, my friends, is Coach Christy.

She and I did the Dam '09 Triathlon this weekend...and even with her bum shoulder, she STILL finished in a better time than me.

Yes, that is a beer cup (an empty one at that) in my hand. At least I was alternating between beer and Gatorade when I finished the race.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...thank you, Christy, for being such a shining star and allowing God's light to shine through you.

You rock!

9 comments:

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

sooooo great! fantastic!

what a team... you two gals!
what a coach!

i am so happy for you! you have accomplished BIG... HUGE... things! you are living BOLD!

Shalet said...

What a great picture! You both look so happy!!

Anonymous said...

This sounds so fun...I can run and ride my bike forever, but throw me in the water and I look like I'm having a seizure! Maybe I need someone like Coach Christy!

Dancing Queen said...

always great to have such supportive people in our lives! you are blessed!!

you continue to be such an inspiration, girlfriend!

HiHoOhio said...

Beer? Only at an AH Event!!!!!

Unknown said...

You rock! Nice job completing another one. I think a beer/gatorade switch off is perfectly reasonable and acceptable!

Shanan Strange said...

Congratulations! I'm so proud of you for taking on this task. Hope you took lots of pictures.

Trooper Thorn said...

Way to go! Are you hooked now?

Our Family said...

congratulations!